Over the years, casinos have sought to squeeze the odds on blackjack tables by increasing the number of decks of cards use by the game. With Single Deck Blackjack, you get the chance to squeeze them back!
In 2022 it’s not uncommon to see brick and mortar casinos using as many as 8 decks. Even the best blackjack apps use multiple decks in their standard games, and every additional deck used reduces the return for the player.
If you want to get rid of those extra decks and turn the tables on the casinos, then you need to find a Single Deck Blackjack game. When you play blackjack using only one deck, the RTP based on best strategy is a massive 98.89%.
Because of the high RTP, it’s not available everywhere. But today’ I’ll show you which online casinos have Single Deck Blackjack, the rules of the game, and how to play.
Which Casinos Have Single Deck Blackjack
100% Bonus Up to £50 + 150 Free Spins
(4.4 / 5)
Trada Casino Review
18+ | New Players Only | Bonus spread over 1st 4 deposits | Spins applied in batches of 50 on 2nd & 3rd & 4th deposits | 1st: 100%. Min deposit £10 max bonus £50 | 2nd, 3rd & 4th: Min deposit £20 | 35x wagering on bonus & spins | Spins are credited on Starburst & expire after 24 hrs | T&C’s Apply
200% Up To $1000
(4 / 5)
Rules of Single Deck Blackjack
You may find some small variations in the rules, depending on which software your game uses or which mobile casino you’re playing at.
The rules below are taken from the RTG version of Single Deck Blackjack. These are very similar to those you’ll find in other online and mobile versions of the game.
- Cards are re-shuffled after each round.
- The dealer stands on all 17s.
- Player can only split a hand once.
- Player receives only one additional card for a split ace.
- A hand that totals 21 after splitting is considered 21, not blackjack.
- Player can play up to three hands simultaneously in multi hand game.
- Game uses only 1 deck.
- Player can double on any 2 cards.
- Surrender available.
- Blackjack pays 6/5
- Player can Double after a Split, except when splitting Aces, following the table rules.
- After all initial cards have been dealt, the dealer is permitted to peek at their face-down card if they have a chance for Blackjack
In the main, the Single Deck Blackjack rules are extremely player friendly.
The only downside is the reduced 6/5 payout on Blackjack. But even allowing for that, the high RTP makes this one of the best returning online casino games you can play on your mobile
How To Play
Single Deck blackjack follows exactly the same rules as Classic Blackjack. There are no side bets, and no special payouts. The buttons and game controls are the same.
In effect, this IS Classic Blackjack, but played with one deck instead of 6 or 8. That’s what sets this game apart.
If you haven’t played blackjack before, then our beginners guide will show you exactly how to play. The game works exactly the same way online, on mobile or in a real life casino.
Some casino software allows for multi-hand play, and this is something I would recommend if and when it is offered. By playing up to 3 consecutive hands you get the opportunity to get more of the deck in play before the dealer draws, thus narrowing down the selection of cards he/she can get.
This is an important consideration when it comes to your game strategy.
Single Deck Blackjack Strategy
Standard basic blackjack strategy works very well in the single deck version of the game.
Because you’re playing with only one deck, the game becomes far more predictable. This is especially true when you’re playing multi hand versions of the game.
The fact that there is only one of each card available makes it far easier for the player to predict what’s coming next, and make decisions accordingly.
For example, when playing 3 hands it’s quite conceivable that all four aces could be dealt to the player before the dealer even gets to draw. If you have all the aces yourself, you know the dealer can’t possibly draw one.
Of course, the same is true for any other card value.
The more tens you take out of the deck in your hands, the less are available for the dealer to draw. If your hands have relatively few tens, there’s a much higher chance of the dealer drawing one. Depending on the dealer’s up card, this is often exactly what you want.
Who Should Play Single Deck Blackjack
Anyone who wants to increase their RTP and improve their odds of winning at Blackjack.
The rules are simple, making it suitable for beginners or complete novices still learning to play the game. But equally, seasoned pro players will actively seek out Single Deck Blackjack tables because they know the return is so much better than other versions of the game.
Discover More In Mobile Blackjack
- Best Android Betting Apps
- Best Esports Betting Sites on Mobile
- Best Horse Racing Betting Apps
- Best In Play Betting Sites
- Best iPhone Betting Apps
- Best Offshore Sportsbooks That Accept Players From USA
- Best Virtual Betting Sites (Online and Mobile)
- Cash Out Betting Sites on Mobile
- Find The Best Betting Apps For Your Mobile
- Football Betting Apps
- Mobile Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Best Casino Apps (For Real Money)
- Best Online Mobile Slots Apps & Sites
- Mobile Roulette Apps
- Real Money Mobile Craps Casinos
- Real Money Mobile Keno Games
- Video Poker Mobile Apps
- All American Video Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- An Introduction To Video Poker For Beginners
- Bonus Video Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- Deuces Wild Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- Double Bonus Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- How to Read a Video Poker Pay Table
- Jacks or Better Poker: How To Play
- Joker Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- Which Online & Mobile Casinos Accept PayPal?
- Responsible Gambling
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Terms of Service
Last Updated on September 8, 2022