When playing one Blackjack hand at a time just isn’t enough, it’s time to super size your game!
In 2023, many of the top online casinos now offer Multi Hand Blackjack, giving you the opportunity to play up to 5 hands at once.
Today I’m going to show you how it works. To start with, we’ll look at the best places to play MultiHand Blackjack, online and on mobile.
You’ll also learn the rules, the pros and cons of playing more than one hand at a time, and the best Multi Hand blackjack strategy that will reduce the house edge on this version of the game.
Which Online Casinos Offer Multi Hand Blackjack
100% Bonus Up to £50 + 150 Free Spins
(4.4 / 5)
Trada Casino Review
18+ | New Players Only | Bonus spread over 1st 4 deposits | Spins applied in batches of 50 on 2nd & 3rd & 4th deposits | 1st: 100%. Min deposit £10 max bonus £50 | 2nd, 3rd & 4th: Min deposit £20 | 35x wagering on bonus & spins | Spins are credited on Starburst & expire after 24 hrs | T&C’s Apply
100% Welcome Bonus up to £50 + 50 Free Spins on Starburst
(4.3 / 5)
Terms & Conditions apply. 18+ New Players Only. Min deposit £20. Wagering requirement apply 35x Offer valid for 72h.
200% Up To $1000
(4 / 5)
$1000 FREE Welcome Package
(4 / 5)
Multi-Hand Blackjack Rules
It’s worth noting that multihand blackjack isn’t a variety of blackjack in itself. In fact, several different blackjack variations can be offered in multi hand format.
But when you see a game titled Multi Hand Blackjack at a mobile or online casino, what you’re usually getting is a game of Classic Blackjack, in which you can play up to 5 simultaneous hands.
With that in mind, you’re unlikely to see any rule variations – just more places on the table. Typical rules would be as follows:
- Game uses between 2 and 8 decks
- Pack is re-shuffled before each hand
- No re-splits allowed
- Player can draw any number of additional cards after split
- Dealer must stand on Soft 17
- Blackjack pays 3/2
Of course, if you’re playing a specific blackjack variation and you find it has a multihand option, then the rules of that specific variation will apply no matter how many concurrent hands you choose to play.
How To Play Multi Hand Blackjack Online
When you play a Multi Hand Blackjack game on your laptop or mobile device, the first differnece that you will notice is that there are (up to) 5 available hand positions on the table, instead of the usual one.
You can use as many of these as you like. You do not have to use them all, and you can use different stake sizes on each hand if you like, providing they fall between the table maximum and minimum bets.
Select your chips and place them in the hand positions as normal.
Use the Clear Bets button if you change your mind or make a mistake. When you’re ready, press or tap the Deal button.
The game will then deal cards to each position you’ve chosen to use.
Hands will be played in order, clockwise from right to left. Once all player hands are complete, the dealer will turn over his/her second card and stand or hit according to the table rules.
Multi Hand Blackjack Strategy
As I mentioned earlier under the Rules section, Multi Hand Blackjack is not a game variation in itself. It is simply playing another variation with multiple hands at the same time.
Therefore, you don’t need a separate strategy for MultiHand blackjack, you need the strategy for whichever rules the table is playing.
Unless it specifies a particular version (eg European Blackjack Multi Hand) then it’s normally safe to assume that the table is using Classic Blackjack rules.
That being the case, you can just use basic strategy as normal. This can yield up to 99.61% RTP when playing up to 5 hands.
Who Should Play Multi Hand Blackjack
There are pros and cons of playing multiple hands, just as there are with any other version of the game.
You have the opportunity to get bigger wins on every round. If the dealer busts and all your hands are still in play, there is no better feeling than getting paid out 5 times at once! That’s what the Multihand game is all about, and it’s exactly the reason why players search for it at online casinos.
Obviously, the opposite is also true. If the dealer gets a blackjack or flukes a draw to 21, it’s annoying and the losses are also going to be 5x bigger.
As ever, most top blackjack sites give you the opportunity to play free multi hand blackjack. It’s the same game, but in demo mode with virtual chips. If you’re unsure, it’s worth a few free games before you play for real money.
Discover More In Mobile Blackjack
- Best Android Betting Apps
- Best Cash Out Betting Sites on Mobile
- Best Esports Betting Sites on Mobile
- Best Horse Racing Betting Apps
- Best In Play Betting Sites
- Best iPhone Betting Apps
- Best Offshore Sportsbooks & Betting Sites for US Players
- Best Virtual Betting Sites (Online and Mobile)
- Find The Best Betting Apps For Your Mobile
- Football Betting Apps
- Mobile Betting Sites With Live Streaming
- Best Casino Apps (For Real Money)
- Best Online Mobile Slots Apps & Sites
- Mobile Roulette Apps
- Real Money Mobile Craps Casinos
- Real Money Mobile Keno Games
- Video Poker Mobile Apps
- All American Video Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- An Introduction To Video Poker For Beginners
- Bonus Video Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- Deuces Wild Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- Double Bonus Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- How to Read a Video Poker Pay Table
- Jacks or Better Poker: How To Play
- Joker Poker: Strategy & How To Play
- Which Online & Mobile Casinos Accept PayPal?
- Responsible Gambling
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Terms of Service
- 50+ Common Blackjack Terms Explained - February 6, 2023
- Can Live Blackjack Dealers Hear You? (Your Privacy Matters!) - January 29, 2023
- Why do Blackjack Dealers Swipe the Table? - January 27, 2023
Last Updated on July 27, 2023