Do you have a hunch about exactly how a particular game will pan out that you reckon would land you a big win, if only a bookie would let you back it?
Then what you need is a bet builder.
Today you’ll learn what bet builder means at online bookies, how they work, the best one to use, and some tips and FAQs about the best ways to use them.
What Does Bet Builder Mean?
A bet builder is a special feature that is available at certain online bookies and football betting apps.
It allows you to combine bets from different markets on the same football fixture, to create your own custom multiple.
Bet builder bets on one fixture can then (optionally) be combined with those from another fixture to create one super multiple.
At some online bookies this feature is called Create A Bet, but both terms refer to the same thing.
How Does a Bet Builder Work?
Depending on which bookie you use (see below for the best) you will find bet builder available on some or all football fixtures.
Traditionally, you can build doubles or multiples out of bets from different fixtures. Bet Builder lets you create custom bets out of different markets on the same fixture.
For example, in a match between Liverpool and Man Utd, you might want to bet that the match would have:
- Under 2.5 Goals
- Over 10 Corners
- And Over 5 Yellow or Red Cards
No traditional land based bookie could offer you odds on this combination. But with Create a Bet, you can add these quickly and easily with just a few clicks, to create your own unique bet.
Which Bookie Has The Best Bet Builder?
In my experience, this is the simplest, most powerful and yet easiest to use bet builder at any online or mobile bookie in 2023.
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
#ad - Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
If you’ve read our bet365 review you’ll know that they’re pretty much the gold standard when it comes to both online and mobile betting.
They lead the way in terms of creating your own bet as well, although QuinnBet, another operator that got a great review, is a good alternative.
How To Use Bet Builder at bet365
- Navigate to the fixture on the website or app
- Choose the Bet Builder option from the menu, directly underneath the fixture name
- Click on Add Selection
- A pop up menu will appear. You can browse all the available options and make your selection
- Click “Add This Selection” to add to bet builder slip
- Repeat the process up to 6 times
Bet Builder Tips
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of the betbuilder feature.
- Understand how the bet builder feature works before you use it. Use the above steps if you are betting at bet365, or if you choose another bookie, check out their help section for instructions.
- Research each of your selections just as you would with any other bet. It’s tempting to include extra selections on a whim, or to try to boost your odds, but this can easily bring down your entire bet if you do.
- Carefully review your custom bet before you submit it to check for mistakes. You can always remove an individual selection if you’re not happy, without needing to start the whole thing again.
Can You Make Your Own Bet?
Yes, that is exactly what the Create a Bet feature is all about. It gives you the flexibility to create your own custom bet by combining different markets in the same event or fixture.
What’s The Difference Between Bet Builder and Request a Bet?
Some bookies offer something called Request a Bet instead, but this is NOT the same thing.
With Request a Bet you have to go onto social media, contact the bookie, tell them what you want and wait for them to come back with the odds. Not only do you have to hang around waiting, but everyone else will also see your choices, which could drive the price down.
Can You Cash Out on Bet Builder?
Sometimes you can. It depends what selections you added, and which bookie you’re using. Some bookies don’t allow cash out at all. But f the bookie allows it, and if some of the selections still aren’t decided, then you may be able to cash out.
Last Updated on March 16, 2021
- 50+ Common Blackjack Terms Explained - February 6, 2023
- Can Live Blackjack Dealers Hear You? (Your Privacy Matters!) - January 29, 2023
- Why do Blackjack Dealers Swipe the Table? - January 27, 2023